I love a lot of things about this recipe: it’s easy, quick, and only uses one pan. These are all very good qualities for a recipe to posses when you’re a Mama. Or anyone else who doesn’t have a lot of extra time to spend cooking or washing dishes.
Sometimes I’ll use this recipe for Perfect Chicken with this meal. It makes the best, most juicy, tender chicken every time! You can do it with or without flour, but I’ve only done it with flour, so I can’t vouch for the other. If you do use the Perfect Chicken recipe, skip cutting the chicken into strips and follow the recipe using the pan you want to make your fajita mix in. Once it’s done remove it from the pan and slice it while your peppers and onions are cooking, then add it back with the soup and salsa.
Monterey Chicken Fajitas
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp Oil (I use Olive)
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (or use this recipe for cream soup and add a 4 oz can of mushrooms if you want. It won’t be just one pan anymore unless you make and freeze the cream soup ahead of time, but it’ll be healthier!)
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Chili Powder (optional; to taste)
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned stirring often (or substitute the steps for Perfect Chicken). Add bell pepper, onion and chili powder and cook until tender-crisp. Add soup and salsa and heat through. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings: sour cream, extra cheese, extra salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, whatever you want!